What information do we collect? While you can visit the Site without providing Personal information, you must submit certain information to register as a Member. Members are those who create and register with a member ID. The NSLS must collect certain information from users in order to customize the Site to meet your individual needs and to tailor the Services to you and your specific Services.
1) Your Personal Information. Personal Information collected from users may include Registration Information, Billing Information, Account Settings, Educational Information and other information you may intentionally share. Each user, including both members and advisors, must create a NSLS account before the Services provided by the NSLS. In order to register, you must provide your name, a member ID, password, email address, date of birth, mobile phone number, permanent home contact information, and educational information (Registration Information). If you make a payment to the NSLS, you must also provide billing information such as a name, address, email address, and financial information corresponding to your selected method of payment (Billing Information). After creating an account, you can then set various preferences and provide additional personal information to pages like Profile. Any data or content you provide when using the Service, such as User Content and responses, will also be collected and stored by the NSLS for your benefit (“User Data”). Finally, we may also collect other information which you intentionally share with us from time to time, such as testimonials and other information. If any of your personal information changes, you may update it at any time.
2) Information Automatically Collected by the Site. Our servers may automatically collect certain aggregated, non-personal identifying information when you visit the Site, such as your computer’s IP address, the number of users clicking on a particular link or service, the type of browser in use, the pages viewed, and any external source referring you to the Site (such as a link on another website or in an email). This information is used to understand how visitors navigate the Site in order to enhance your experience when using it. We do not link this information to any information that may personally identify you, nor will we use any aggregated or anonymous data derived from or incorporating your Personal Information available to any third party, whether for advertising, marketing, or other purposes.
3) Information Collected from Third Parties. We may also collect your Personal Information or other data from third parties if you interact with the NSLS on a third party site. As an example, if you interact with the NSLS using your Facebook® account, the NSLS collects information about your Facebook® account that you agree to share with us at the time you give permission for the NSLS account to be linked to your Facebook® account.
- To provide you with our services and to customize them to your needs
- To facilitate account creation
- To monitor and improve our services and features
- To analyze your use of the Site and improve the Services
- To deliver communications to you relevant to your use of the Services
- To fulfill your requests for products and membership benefits
- To enforce the Company’s Terms and Conditions of Use
- To prevent potentially illegal activities
- To screen for undesirable or abusive activity
- To create new services, features or content
- To our service providers, to provide the Services
- To your billing contact, if your (account holder’s) details are different than the billing contact listed for your account
- To third parties as anonymous, aggregated information, to improve and promote our Services
- If required to do so by law
- In connection with the merger, sale or acquisition of the Company, to the other party in connection with such transfer
- Information you expressly consent to be shared
- To our affiliate partners listed on the “Partners” section of the Site
5) Retargeting. As you browse nsls.org, advertising cookies will be placed on your computer so that we can understand your interests. Our display advertising partner, AdRoll, then enables us to present you with retargeting advertising on other sites based on your previous interaction with nsls.org. The techniques our partners employ do not collect personal information such as your name, email address, postal address, or telephone number. You can visit this page to opt out of AdRoll’s and their partners’ targeted advertising.
Your Rights to Your Personal Information. You can update your Personal Information at any time on the account Profile page. It is your responsibility to back up your User Data. You may delete your User Data, but it will not be permanently deleted immediately. To the extent permitted by law, we will permanently delete your data if you request to cancel or delete your account, which you can do by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deleting your account will cause all User Data in your account to be permanently deleted, as permitted by law, and will disable your access to the Services. We will respond to any requests to access, correct, update or delete your Personal Information within the time period specified by law (if applicable) or without excessive delay. Any requests to delete Personal Information will be promptly fulfilled, unless the request is not technically feasible or such data is required by law to be retained.
How Long is your Information Retained? Generally, your Personal Information is retained for as long as you remain a Member with us, or for as long as is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, or to enforce our agreements. However, data that is deleted from our servers may remain as residual copies on backup servers or other media.
Providing security for the Personal Information you submit on the Site is one of the Company’s top priorities, and it takes commercially reasonable measures to protect against the unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of such information. Users are required to create a unique member ID and password that must be entered each time a user logs on to the Site. Session cookies are then issued only to record encrypted authentication information for the duration of the user’s specific session. The session cookies do not include the user’s username or password.
When a user accesses secured areas of the Site, Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) technology protects their information using both server authentication and data encryption to ensure that data is safe, secure, and only available to authorized users. All passwords and credit card information are transferred via encrypted SSL connections, as are all postings made by Users. Your User Data and User Content are treated as the private property of the User, subject to a limited license for use by the NSLS. The Company does not sell or use such information for its own purposes, except as required by law.
It is important to understand that the security precautions taken by the Company apply only to the Site, and that the Company exercises no control over how your information is stored or maintained by third party sites. Also be aware that, while all appropriate measures are taken by the Company to ensure the safety and security of the information you submit via the Site, no guarantee can be made that information transmitted via the Internet will be entirely secure. Caution should always be used when submitting personal information online. The Company takes commercially reasonable steps to provide security for your information once it has received it.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
POSTING CONTENT TO THE SITE
Certain areas of the Site allow users to post User Content which can be seen by other users. If you post any content to the Site, any information submitted can be read, collected or used by other users and can possibly be used to send unsolicited messages to you. The Company is not responsible for the Personal Information you voluntarily choose to post to the Site.
SAFETY OF MINORS
The Services are not intended for and may not be used by minors. A “minor” is defined as an individual under the age of majority in his/her place of residence (under age 13 in the United States). The Company does not knowingly collect personal data from minors or allow them to register for an account. If it comes to the Company’s attention that information has been collected from a minor or that a minor has registered an account, such data and account will be deleted without notice. If you have reason to believe that this has occurred, please contact us at email@example.com.
ENGLISH VERSION CONTROLS
HOW TO CONTACT US